The privacy of your data — and it is your data, not ours! — is a big deal to us.
Your Rights With Respect to Your Information
You may have heard about the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) in Europe. GDPR gives people under its protection certain rights with respect to their personal information collected by us on the Site. Accordingly, Time to Spare recognizes and will comply with GDPR and those rights, except as limited by applicable law. The rights under GDPR include:
- Right of Access. This includes your right to access the personal information we gather about you, and your right to obtain information about the sharing, storage, security and processing of that information.
- Right to Correction. This is your right to request correction of your personal information.
- Right to Erasure. This is your right to request, subject to certain limitations under applicable law, that your personal information be erased from our possession (also known as the “Right to be forgotten”). However, if applicable law requires us to comply with your request to delete your information, fulfillment of your request may prevent you from using Basecamp services and may result in closing your account.
- Right to Complain. You have the right to make a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information with the appropriate supervisory authority.
- Right to Restrict Processing. This is your right to request restriction of how and why your personal information is used or processed.
- Right to Object. This is your right, in certain situations, to object to how or why your personal information is processed.
- Right to Portability. This is your right to receive the personal information we have about you and the right to transmit it to another party.
- Right to not be subject to Automated Decision-Making. This is your right to object and prevent any decision that could have a legal, or similarly significant, effect on you from being made solely based on automated processes. This right is limited, however, if the decision is necessary for performance of any contract between you and us, is allowed by applicable European law, or is based on your explicit consent.
Many of these rights can be exercised by signing in and directly updating your account information. If you have questions about exercising these rights or need assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information do we collect?
Information supplied by you
When you search for a location, we store this information anonymously for the purpose of analysing where there is most need for support. We don’t link any personal information to this location.
Automated information collection - Log files/IP addresses
When you visit The Site, we automatically log your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server. We use IP addresses to help us administer the Site.
We may automatically collect non-personal information about you, such as the type of internet browsers you use, or the site from which you linked to our Site. You cannot be identified from this information, and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our Site. We may, from time to time, supply the owners or operators of third party sites, from which it is possible to link to our Site, with information relating to the number of users linking to our Site from their sites. You cannot be identified from this information.
What do we use collected personal information for?
In order to:
- customise and improve the service we provide to you
- moderate use of the Site
- Provide aggregate statistics for co-ordinating organisations
Disclosing your information to others
We will never disclose any personal information. We may disclose aggregated and anonymised statistics to relevant statutory and voluntary organisations.
Other than the disclosures referred to in this policy, we will not disclose any personal information without your permission, unless we are legally entitled or obliged to do so (for example, if required to do so by Court order, or in order to prevent fraud or any other crime).
Keeping our records accurate and accessing your information
You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you. To do so, please email us at the address provided below.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are
1. your consent and/or
2. legitimate interest.
You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
How we store your personal information
This Site is operated in Europe, and our data is held and processed inside the European Union.
We will keep your account information for the duration of the pandemic. We will then dispose of your information as detailed below.
Processors we use
As part of the services we provide, and only to the extent necessary, we may use certain third party processors to process some or all of your personal information. For identification of these processors, and where they are located, please see our Subprocessor listing.
We only ever use third party processors who are GDPR compliant and have an awareness of data protection, security and confidentiality. We have signed appropriate data processing contracts that comply with GDPR with each processor.
Time to Spare won’t hand your data over to law enforcement authorities unless a court order says we have to. We flat-out reject requests from local and federal law enforcement when they seek data without a court order. And unless we're legally prevented from it, we’ll always inform you when such requests are made.
Security & Encryption
All data is encrypted via SSL/TLS when transmitted from our servers to your browser. All data is encrypted at rest in both our databases and our backups..
When you cancel your account, we'll ensure that nothing is stored on our servers past 30 days. Anything you delete on your account while it's active will also be purged within 30 days (up until then it's available in the trash can).
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so via email.